Tuesday 30 April 2013

Greetings from Devon

Hi, just a quick post to introduce myself. I'm Richard (or Rik) Fox (also @RichardFoxBC),

I've been mothing since 2002, first in Hampshire, then for a brief spell in Nottingham and for the past 8 years here near Newton Abbot in south Devon. I use a 125W MV Robinson trap in the garden - thanks to tolerant neighbours - even though the garden isn't that big and is surrounded by other houses. I usually trap about twice a week during the warmer months and infrequently during the winter, when conditions are particularly favourable.

Despite living in a lovely part of the world, my garden's not great that for moths - it's optimised for small children! I recorded 218 species of moth and butterfly in the garden last year, so I'd be happy to beat that this year. Highlight of 2013 so far was Oak Nycteoline, new for the garden, last week.

Thanks to Tristan for organising this fun event and see you all on Twitter #teammoth

Cheers
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment