Friday 26 April 2013

Still slow - but awesome!



Morning all, following on from my introductory post last night I awoke to a very soggy garden! Luckily a carefully position table kept the worst of the rain out the trap. 

Just seven moths of four species; 3 Double-striped Pug (see below), 2 Common Quaker, single Early Grey and a single Brindled Beauty! A new one for me - hurrah! 

Pretty sure this is Double-striped Pug?

Brindled Beauty and what a beauty! 
So, Brindled Beauty was garden moth species number 16 for me. I sit middle of the pack and poised for a downpour of moths when the weather improves!

3 comments:

  1. Yep, that's DS Pug Jonny. Small, and often (but not always) with some reddish tints

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out the antennae on that Brindled Beauty! Still not caught one here yet.

    ReplyDelete