Monday 5 August 2013

255 in Hants and a Hummingbird Hawkmoth

Have now reached 255 moths in Hants, although with the school holidays in full swing opportunities to put the box out are a bit reduced.

The highlight for me has been this Hummingbird Hawkmoth who was in the garden at the end of last week feeding on Runner Bean and Jasmine flowers. I'm not sure how often these are seen (it's a first for me and I was really excited) so I thought I'd post a pic of it.


I'm also in need of some help to ID this one below please, who I am struggling with. It's from back in the middle of June and I've just rediscovered its photo on the computer.


Thanks in advance,

CT :-) 

2 comments:

  1. Hi - your June moth is a slightly odd/worn male Ringed China-mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I did wonder. Thanks Skev.

    ReplyDelete