Wednesday 3 July 2013

Limey!

I am pretty numerically stunted. So keeping tally of all the moths I've encountered this year, filling in my GMS sheet and also blogging here means I am not entirely sure I haven't missed any moths in my posts. Still, the total looks about right and I love sharing pics and of course reading others posts. 

So here is the additions since my last post

77. False Cacoa Moth
78. Common White Wave
79. Mottled Rustic
80. Large Yellow Underwing 
81. Dark Arches
82. LIME HAWKMOTH
83. Burnished Brass
84. Treble Bar
85. Marbled Beauty
86. Campion
87. Tawny Speckled Carpet
88. Double Square-spot
89. Figure of Eighty 
90. Fan Foot
91. Riband Wave
92. Garden Grass-veneer
93. Crambus pascuella
94. Broad-barred White  

Braod-barred White
Treble Bar

Campion

Burnished Brass

Figure of Eighty 

THE AWESOME - LIME HAWKMOTH!

3 comments:

  1. The wee fella is a Broad-barred White....Nice pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonny, second one down is a Geometridae Lesser Treble-bar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for the I.D. Trent. Looked so distinctive but couldn't clinch it!

    With thanks for the correction Angle Shades, I must have had Lines not Bar on the mind! I've corrected the text above :)

    Happy mothing,

    Jonny

    ReplyDelete